We provide setting out training to enable site foremen to
set out their own works using rented GPS
● No more downtime waiting for surveyors
● Save €€€ by avoiding surveyor fees
Setting Out Course Overview
Receive expert training, guidance and support in proficiently setting out using GPS and a robotic total station.
This course has been developed to equip construction professionals with the practical skills and knowledge required to set out earthworks using GPS and structures using a robotic total station.
By the end of this course, participants will have the necessary practical skills and knowledge to be able to:
• Determine whether something should be set out using GPS or a robotic total station.
• Use network RTK GPS to set out earthworks accurately on site.
• Use the robotic total station to set out concrete and steel structures accurately in solo mode.
• GPS theory and the limitations of using GPS in practice.
• The theory behind baselines and how this practice affects accuracy.
• Practical setting out using GPS and total station.
Course Delivery And Duration
We deliver the training at our premises or your construction site. The course duration consists of one day of training for GPS and the second day of training for total station.
Candidates can choose one-day training on either GPS or total station only.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for those who appreciate what needs to be set out and to what accuracy. Candidates may have little or no experience in the use of GPS or total stations for setting out.
Qualified construction professionals, including site forepersons, would fit the above description.
One to one training: €1,200 per day.
Small group training (max four people): €500 per person.
“The setting out training was most interesting and informative. The quality and style of the presentation was first class.”
Jack Coughlan, Managing Director
Jack Coughlan Architect